One of my patients would get severe cramping and –with it vomiting- the day before her period. Interestingly enough, as soon as her period started, all of her symptoms disappeared. However, the day before, the pain was so debilitating (even with taking painkillers) that she would be unable to work. Although she had suffered with this problem for years, within a couple of months of homeopathic treatment she showed a marked improvement. She still had pain, the cramping the day before had lessened and she no longer vomited. After six months of treatment, she was able to function normally throughout the duration of her period.
In my practice, here are some of the most popular remedies for treating symptoms of PMS.
· Overall low sex drive
· Increased irritability from slightest cause
· Greasy complexion, accompanied by acne a couple of days before
· Increased desire for sweets and sour (chocolate and pickles)
· Increased sex drive in the week leading up to monthly menstruation
· Increased feeling of being overwhelmed
· Swelling and tenderness of breasts
· Feeling of sadness and depression
· Increased feeling of anxiety about everything
· Craves salty foods
· Headaches which feel like thousands of little hammers
· Tooth pains before periods
· Bloated abdomen, sore to the touch
· Dizziness with heat in the head
· Decreased ability to concentrate
· Symptoms disappear as soon as flow begins
These are some of the top remedies I use in my practice to treat women’s PMS symptoms, however, there are many other remedies that will work depending on a patients unique symptom picture. It is important to remember that Homeopathy is an individualized, holistic approach to healing. If you are suffering from any type of PMS symptoms and would like to see if homeopathy could help, please feel free to contact email@example.com to set up an appointment or consult your local homeopath.
Erin Douglas is a registered yoga instructor and a classically trained homeopath. Her life-long passion for healing has taken her all over the world from learning yogic philosophy and healing in India to studying Vipassana meditation in Northern Thailand with the Buddhist monks. She received her formal training in classical homeopathy at the renowned Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine in Toronto, Ontario, the first province in Canada to regulate homeopathy. She operates a complementary medicine healing clinic and every month, organizes seven and fourteen day spiritual yoga retreats and adventures in Waikiki, Hawaii. For more information on joining an upcoming Hawaiian Adventure Yoga Retreat or to book a homeopathic or nutritional consultation, feel free to check out her website or send an email.