For years, people have used “Golden Milk “to fight colds and the flu. Golden Milk Tea can also be consumed daily as a health tonic.
This is a delicious turmeric and ginger drink loaded with antioxidant and anti inflammatory goodness. I love it as my warm drink before falling asleep at night!
This can be served warm or poured over ice for a nice cold refreshing drink.
Because this tea does contain turmeric, please consult with a midwife or your doctor before drinking this if you are pregnant.
Ingredients: (Serves 1-2)
- 2 cups of organic coconut milk (unsweetened) (almond milk also works fine)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon unpasteurized raw honey
- 3-4 grated black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- On the stove, gently heat the coconut milk with the fresh peeled ginger, turmeric and grated peppercorns. Allow to heat until a simmer, but do not boil. Boiling or overheating turmeric reduces its medicinal properties. Be sure to add the grated peppercorns as this is what helps your body absorb the medicinal properties of the tumeric!
- Add honey, and cinnamon to taste. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes to allow flavors to mix together.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!